Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Francophone

So, what do you do when you are missing your holidays? You ambush your friends with French songs you discovered when you were away.

In England, our mornings consisted of watching Enid Blyton cartoons (I grew up reading her books), and the news. But, in France, we almost always had their music channel on.

So here are the French songs I listened to every morning.

Toi + Moi by Gregoire: Doesn't the singer look like Justin Timberlake? Oooh-lala (I wonder, when this expression would get old). My friend, who works in Quebec, said that this song is very big in the French-speaking world, and they play it on the French radio here.

Toi et Moi by Tryo: I think, the video is very beautiful. And, the song sounds very sweet.

FM Air by Zazie: There are dressed up Indian people in the video. And, you can also see the blue Parisian street signs.

Peut-etre une Angine by ANAIS: Sounds cute!

Appelle Mon Numero by Mylene Farmer: This song drove my ageist sister insane. She believed, the singer is too old for this video. I don't care, they have maple leaves in the video. Go Canada!

Place de Wazemees by Bruno Maman: Sounds very beautiful and romantic. No idea what it's about.

It seemed that in England they were all about Leona Lewis. I don't care what people say, I find her very annoying.

4 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I like some songs by Leona Lewis. She's definitely not my favorite singer though...

changetheworld360 said...

Oh yeah, she's HUGE in the UK. They think she's the next Mariah Carey or something. I don't like either singer, so I can't really comment.
Visiting another country gives you an increased cultural perspective, as evidenced in your interesting French songs! :)

Zany said...

I totally agree. Leona Lewis is a poor man's Mariah Carey. But, since I never liked Mariah Carey, just like you; why would I enjoy the knock-off?! :)

Zany said...

Sorry, Maria. I find Leona Lewis really annoying :).