Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bittersweet Playlist

Love, Save The Empty by Erin McCarley: It's one of my hairbrush sing-along songs :) - "Loooveee, saaaaave the eeeeempttty".

La Meme Histoire/We're All In The Dance by Feist: I know it is a little biased to say this, but I think Canadian singers are so talented. Feist can sing beautifully both in French and English. This song provided the perfect ending to Paris, je t'aime, one of the most riveting movies I have seen.

Cartoons and Forever Plans by Maria Taylor: It's a cute song, and the video is also very adorable.

Black and Gold by Sam Sparro: It's a shame this song never really made it here.

Prettiest Friend by Jason Mraz: I love how this song is so simple, and love the way it unravels.

Time To Pretend by MGMT: Is it just me, or these guys sound very feminine? It is one of the "cheery" songs on my playlist these days. Even though, the lyrics are pretty bittersweet.

Lose You by Pete Yorn: This song was not supposed to be on this list. Heard it for the first time last night, and it made me bawl my eyes out. (Whatever you do, do NOT read the YouTube comments.)

3 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I absolutely LOVE this playlist!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I don't know most of those tunes, however I'm a HUGE Yorn fan. He's a Jersey boy like me!

I'll have to check out the others.

Zany said...

Maria,

Thanks for loving the playlist :).

C. Louis Wolfe,

I did not know he was from Jersey. I think, he is gonna open for Coldplay on their North American tour this summer. I heard this song for the first time on this week's "House".